The Maryborough Basketball Association Committee is pleased to announce that the K.M. Pearson Stadium can once again be used for Private Training after having been closed for several months due to COVID-19.
All stadium bookings are now to be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The website booking facilities have not been reinstated for now so that the Committee can actively monitor and control stadium usage and ensure it is adequately cleaned after each use.
While the stadium can now be used again for private training there are a number of requirements and procedures that must be adhered to in order to ensure we comply with Federal, State and Qld Basketball requirements as listed below:
MABA RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All social distancing rules apply – no high fives or contact with any other person/s
- Only the person booking the stadium can enter through the office door, all other participants must enter and exit through Frank St doors
- Sign-in sheet must be filled in by all participants
- Only 1hr bookings can be made – BQ regulated
- All taped off areas are out-of-bounds
- The game clock is not in use during this time
- One basketball per person – no sharing is allowed
- Water bottles must be brought into stadium by person/s – water fountain is off limits
- Hand sanitiser must be used upon entering and leaving the stadium
- Only one person permitted to use toilet at any one time
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE ARE SCRIMMAGES TO BE CONDUCTED – THIS IS A DIRECT BREACH OF BQ, BA, MABA, QLD AND AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT RULES DURING COVID
The re-opening of the stadium for hire for private training is an important step in the resumption of Basketball activities in Maryborough. The Committee seeks the support of all users of the stadium to adhere to the above requirements and remain COVID-19 safe.