The Maryborough Basketball Association currently has two vacancies on our Committee and is calling for expressions of interest from our Basketball community to fill these important functions. The Vacancies are for:
- Treasurer; and
- Publicity Officer.
The following Role Descriptions for these positions has been extracted from the MABA Committee Position Descriptions document and outline what is required to fulfill these committee functions.
- Keep accurate records of all financial transactions and maintain the Association’s bank accounts.
- Prepare an annual budget for the financial year ending 30 September.
- Present a report of the financial affairs of the Association at committee meetings.
- Produce an audited statement of financial affairs for the Annual General Meeting.
- Ensure all signatories are up to date with current committee registered at the bank.
- Safeguard online banking information (ie: login and password).
- Organise floats as required.
- Produce miscellaneous invoices as required.
- Track payments through SportsTG, Credit Card and bank account.
- Promptly clear stadium money box, safe and bank all monies received.
- Promptly pay all invoices received eg: to training venues, uniform supplier, etc.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Liaise with Junior and Senior Coordinators and assist where necessary.
- Delegate appropriate jobs to Assistant treasurer if required.
- Raise the profile of the Association and generally promote the game of basketball within Maryborough and the wider community.
- Produce at least two newsletters each year.
- Manage the communications between the Association and its members.
- Liaise with local schools to promote the Association’s training clinics for new players.
- Liaise with the Website Manager to maintain and update the Association’s website.
- Provide stories and photographs for local media, Facebook, website. etc
- Maintain Club noticeboards.
- Be well informed of all club activities and to advertise same.
In addition to the above specific responsibilities, all Committee members have common responsibilities as listed below:
Responsibilities common to all committee members
- Attend at least 80% of all scheduled committee meetings (approximately 8 per year).
- Uphold and Promote the Association’s Code of Conduct.
- Promote the Association at every opportunity.
- Support and promote the Association’s values of fair play and being a good sport.
- Advise the Publicity Officer of potential sponsorship opportunities for the Association.
- Be available to all members to hear any concerns or comments they may have.
- Take action on any concerns or comments raised by a member by passing it on to the relevant committee member and/or raising it at a committee meeting. Follow-up with the member to ensure a satisfactory outcome.
- Support and enforce Association rules.
- Hold, or be willing to apply for, a current volunteer’s “working with children” check (if legally required)
For further Information, or to register your interest in filling either of these positions please email the Association at email@example.com