2020 Summer Season
Season Information and Online Registration
Welcome to the 2020 Summer Season.
After a significant break from Basketball due to the COVID-19 Lockdowns we are pleased to be able to recommence competition for the 2nd half of the 2020 calendar year.
SENIOR Season Start – Tuesday 14 July 2020.
Grand Finals – Saturday 5 December 2020 (all grades)
JUNIOR Season Start – Friday 17 July 2020.
Grand Finals – Friday 4 December 2020
Please note the following important changes to Registrations resulting from COVID-19
- Holding Over of 2020 Winter Season Registration Fees. The MABA Committee has decided to hold over 2020 Winter Season Registration Fees for all players who were registered last season and who could not play the remainder of that season due to COVID Lockdowns. A separate Registration form has been developed to enable this. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU STILL NEED TO GO THROUGH THE ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS SO THAT WE HAVE YOUR DETAILS FOR THE 2020 SUMMER SEASON (even though you won’t need to pay the Season Registration Fee)
- Senior Weekly Game Fees to be paid seasonally. The MABA Committee has decided that SENIOR weekly game fees are to be paid seasonally along with the Season Registration Fee. This decision has been made to reduce money handling as part of our COVID SAFE Plan and to ease the administrative burden on MABA volunteers for the weekly collection of fees and the chasing up of outstanding weekly fees not paid.
Our Policy on Financial Hardship and Refunds is currently under review and will be published to the website soon.
- Reduced Season Game Fees for Seniors who paid for the full season’s game fees last season. The MABA Committee has decided that all Senior players who paid for the full season Game Fees for the 2020 Winter Season upfront are to be offered reduced Season Game Fees for the 2020 Summer Season as compensation for the games not played because of the COVID-19 Lockdowns. The Association has identified all players who paid full season game fees last season and has sent them an email containing a special registration link which provides a reduced Season Game Fee for the 2020 Summer Season. Do not register via the Registration buttons below if you want to take advantage of this offer. Use the link provided in the email to register instead.
For all New Players and for Players not registered for the MABA 2020 Winter Season the following Fee Structure applies (a separate registration form has been provided).
- SENIOR Summer Season Registration Fee and Weekly Game Fees – $135 plus transaction costs.
- JUNIOR Summer Season (for ages 8 to 18) Registration Fee (all game fees included) – $60 plus transaction costs.
Basketball Qld Registration is required for all players in the above competitions – 365 day membership – $31.60 plus transaction costs
- Mini Ball / Biddy Ball Program Season Fee (all games included) (for children aged 5 to 9 inclusive) – $30. This program is run on Fridays prior to the Junior Competition.
JUNIORS WHO WANT TO PLAY IN THE SENIOR COMPETITION
A separate registration process is available for Juniors (14 or older)
If you are aged 14 to 18 (inclusive) and want to play ONLY in the Senior Competition,
you want to play in BOTH the Senior or Junior Competitions – CLICK HERE
You will be taken to a separate registration process that will guide you in selecting the appropriate registration option.
SPORTS VOUCHERS (Fair Play Vouchers):
Juniors wishing to use a Qld Government Fair Play Voucher should print their voucher, sign it and present it to Court Supervisor on the first day of Junior Competition, or forward the voucher by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your voucher will cover the MABA Season Fees for two seasons and Basketball Qld Registration for 365 days for the two seasons (if required). A $10 administration fee will apply to cover transaction costs. Upon application you will need to complete a manual registration form so the Association can complete your registration.
DO NOT USE THE REGISTER BUTTONS BELOW. YOUR ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL BE COMPLETED BY THE ASSOCIATION
For more information on the Qld Govt Fair Play Vouchers visit: https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/sports/funding/fairplay/apply
Under 10 playing in the Under 12 Junior Competition
If your child is aged 8 or 9 years of age and you wish them to play in the Under 12 competition you will be required to pay the Junior fees and your child must be registered with Basketball Queensland. You may use the registration button below.
Under 10/Mini Ball / Biddy Ball
If your child is aged between 5 and 9 and you only want them to participate in the Mini Ball/Biddy Ball Program –
DO NOT USE THE REGISTRATION BUTTONS BELOW.
To register your child in this program simply come out to the stadium at the beginning of the season and complete a manual registration form. The MABA Season Fee may be paid by Cash/EFT when registering.
To register as a Junior who wants to play in the Senior Competition please click the Green button below.
Seniors wanting to register for the Senior Competition; or Juniors wishing to register for the Junior Competition are offered Two REGISTRATION FORMS below. Which one you use is dependent on whether you are a NEW player; or you were registered in the MABA 2020 Winter Season (last Season).
Please ensure you choose the correct registration from the options below.
To register as a Senior in the Senior Competition or a Junior in the Junior only Competition
please select from the buttons below
LAST SEASON PLAYERS REGISTER HERE
I was a registered player in the 2020 Winter Season and am entitled to the hold over of last Season’s Registration Fee.
NEW PLAYERS REGISTER HERE
I am a new player or I was not a registered MABA player during the 2020 Winter Season.
Persons registering with NEW Qld Fair Play Vouchers should NOT register themselves online using either of the buttons above.
Please contact the Association for assistance
For enquiries / assistance with Registration please contact the Association by email – email@example.com